District 2, Educational Support Staff Bargaining Unit
674 Pine Street
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 3G1
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUNDING POLICY
As ESS members of O.S.S.T.F. we recognize the benefits and rewards of professional development. All members are encouraged to develop and maintain their professional growth plans. Your bargaining unit executive, through the yearly budgeting process, has provided some funding to assist members with their professional plans.
1. Financial assistance from this Fund may be granted ONCE EVERY TWO
2. Financial assistance will be given up to one-half of out-of-pocket expenses to a MAXIMUM of $300.00. The amount may be less than $300.00 based on the number of requests for the same conference and/or activity
3. ORIGINAL RECEIPTS must be submitted with your Expense Voucher.
4. At the end of each month, the Executive will meet and/or approve the Applications based on the criteria outlined above. All expenses must be submitted for payment by June 30th in the school year the request was granted.
5. Once funding has been approved, you are a representative of OSSTF, and as such are required to comply with the Constitution, Bylaws, policies and practices which govern its members.
6. Upon return, the member may be asked to present a brief summary of the Conference, workshop or activity attended. This presentation will be made to the members of the bargaining unit Executive at a time that is convenient for you and the Executive. The President may ask the member to provide a written report for the Executive in place of the verbal report.
APPLICATION FOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN PDF FILE BELOW